But I must
One too many
Is five too few
The bottom of a bottle
Taken from the top shelf
Got the answer
But forgot the question
Take another shot
To forget another miss
Because you didn’t stay
Flying down the highway
Laying the pedal to the floor
The world spins
The wheels stop
The floor is stable
Think I’ll stay here tonight.
- Me: Hello?
- Telemarketer: Hello, is your mother home?
- Me: I have no mother.
- Her: Well can I speak to your father?
- Me: Yeah, which one?
- Her: Which one is home?
- Me: Well they're both home..but I don't think you want to talk to Carlos. He just went through a breakup with his boyfriend, Antonio.
- Her: Oh, so your fathers' names are Carlos and Antonio?
- Me: No, no! My fathers' names are Carlos and Mark.
- Her: So who's Antonio?
- Me: I just told you, Carlos's ex.
- Her: So Carlos was cheating?
- Me: Yes, but that's only because Mark was cheating with Edith, our neighbor.
- Her: So Carlos cheated only because Mark cheated?
- Me: No, he THOUGHT Mark was cheating.
- Her: So Mark wasn't cheating?
- Me: I never said that.
- Her: Yes, yes you did!
- Me: No I didn't.
- Her: Y-yes! You did!
- Me: Did what?
- Her: Y-you- Never mind have a nice day, goodbye.
Just friends, you choose
Best friends, you say
A lie, you know
Without a kiss
Without a touch
Without a glance
Without a romance
Nothing shall we ever be
A friendship will deteriorate
Crumbling into barely acquaintances
Passion is lost and can not be revived
without romance, we are doomed.
And that saddens me
Who cares what I say
when action is what matters
I say be inert
I don’t have time
To come up with some stupid rhyme
To convey the feeling of our kiss that one-time
To describe the bond between us and that climb
To explain how this love is indivisible; prime.
Instead my time is consumed
By frustrations leaving one fumed.
By memories repeated, feeling doomed
By fear of unknown, while judgement loomed
By writing this all while your life resumed.
But it is my mistake, I assumed.
Assumed you could see what I feel all the time.